Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mole Mole Mole!


Super Bowl Sunday is not an event I really give a fig about. I basically watch for the fancy schamncy commercials, and of course the delicious grub! Any event where dip is the main attraction gets my stamp of approval. Over the years the dip de jour comes & goes, but my all-time favorite is without a doubt guacamole. We have the ancient Aztecs to thank for guacamole; they were the first to whip it up over 500 years ago.

Serious guac makers tend to think of their personal recipe like their child, far superior to others. I suppose I'm guilty of that mind set myself...so because I'm such a proud mama, here's my recipe :)

2 large ripe avocados*
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 tsps garlic powder
2 tablespoons Goya cilantro cooking base
One lime, juiced
Salt & pepper to taste


If you're scared of cutting avocados (like I once was) go here.


Directions

1. Place avocado in a bowl. Mash with fork and add lime juice.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients, serve immediately or cover and chill up to 3 hours.


*If avocados are not ripe enough, put them in a brown paper bag with a tomato or banana for a few hours. This should soften them up.


Serves 3-5.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...